2 x General Operatives
Now Taking Applications for General Production Operatives
Two positions are available. Reporting to the Supervisor.
The role requires the General Operative to effectively and efficiently perform their daily work tasks to the highest level of food safety, hygiene and health and safety standards. The ideal candidate has previous experience in a similar working environment.
Hogan’s Farm is a small family run business and therefore you will be an integral part of our production team. We would like any potential candidate to possess a positive and enthusiastic approach to working together to complete and prepare customer orders and any other task at hand.
Applicants must display the following key behaviours /competencies throughout role:
• Team Player.
• Level headed & a logical thinker.
• Willing to learn the information that is involved in the job.
• Ability to take instruction but also ability to work on own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills with team and team supervisor - Which requires candidate to have a good understanding of the English language.
• A ‘can do’ ‘will do’ attitude
• Attention to detail in all aspects of the role
• Be health and safety conscious/ Flexible to the needs of the business
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type / Category
General Operative positions are in the fresh turkey production factory based in Cortown, Kells, Co. Meath. As fresh poultry is being processed, the environment you will work in is low in temperature. The role itself is based in the production cutting and packing areas.
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
• Relevant: Minimum 1 year (Preferred)
Please Email CV to email@example.com
Purpose of Role:
To maintain the Food Safety Management System (FSMS). To ensure all products produced and dispatched are to customer specification and within the parameters of the FSMS and to maintain the site to all relevant external standards in order to ensure high levels of QA compliance.
• Accountable to the Senior Management team within Hogans Group.
• Responsible for ensuring Senior Management are cognisant of and committed to ensuring compliance with the requirements of:
Dept of Ag
• To liaise with suppliers and customers
• Responsible for the product safety, quality and legality in Hogan’s Turkey’s Ltd.
• To ensure all production procedures comply with GMP and all company policies.
• Daily verification of all paperwork received from production.
• Maintenance of the BRC and other 3rd party QMS to include all relevant paperwork.
• Performance/Completion of all routine internal audits, completion of third party audits, specifications, and customer questionnaires.
• Ensure all labels meet all legal requirements.
• Shelf life monitoring, including microbiological standards and organoleptic acceptance.
• Act as liaison with the Department of Agriculture officials on site.
• Effective response to all non-conformances with appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
• Preparation and maintenance when required for all Standard Operating Procedures.
• Assist with New Product Development when required
• To keep abreast of all regulatory changes, implement when and where necessary and inform all relevant staff.
• To train staff on the floor in line with the Training Needs Analysis plan.
Key Skills & Experience:
• Quality Related Experience of 2-3 years
• Recognised qualifications
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Team player
• Proven organisational ability
• PC literate with the ability to pick up systems quickly
• Ability to meet goals and deadlines in an often-pressurised environment
• Planning & Organising
• Attention to Detail
• Problem solving/Decision making
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org