'Dreams Can Come True, If you Dig Deep!'
County Meath Women in Business Network celebrate International Women's Day with Rachael Doyle Arboretum
Thursday 7th March 6pm-9pm
Boyne Hill House
Keynote Speaker: Rachel Doyle, Arboretum Home and Garden Heaven
Aboretum is a family run business celebrating over 40 successful years in business. Rachel Doyle, founder comments ‘Celebrating our 40th year in business is a huge milestone for myself and my husband, Frank. We grew Arboretum to what it is today after facing many challenges but we never stopped believing in the dream. We couldnt celebrate this amazing 40-year achievement without thanking our customers.
So where was the first seed sown?...Rachel's entrepreneurial dream to start her own business started after graduating from college in 1976. Rachel identified a niche in the market and the seed was sown. Rachel opened a small garden centre at the rear of the family home and soon the business grew in success. Since then Arboretum prides itself on building strong customer rapport, supplying only the highest quality products and providing excellent customer service. This is the foundation for the achievements and growth of Arboretum which currently employs 117 people. In 2015, Rachel realised a long held vison and opened a second store in Kilquade, Wicklow. This new outlet boasts 5.2 acres with a multitude of inspirational gardens, onsite café and Arboretum shop.
Rachael Doyle the third ever winner of Lifetime Achievement Award at The Retail Excellence Awards 2017 (and the first woman to win)
- Arboretum Home and Garden Heaven earned the title of Bord Bias first ever Five Star Garden Centre.
- In 2017 it won the coveted title of Retail Excellence Garden Centre of the Year along with Company of the Year 2016.
- Rachel is on the Women in Business Retail Excellence Ireland Committee and speaks at many events throughout the country and abroad, inspiring entrepreneurs and women in business.
- She held the coveted position of President of the International Garden Centre Association from 2013 -2015, which for the first time in 56 years was held by person in Ireland.
- Rachel is also on the main board of Bord Bia and is invited as a guest to all horticultural board meetings where she has served since its inception.
- Rachel successfully bid for Ireland to host the IGCA international congress in 2014, bringing 240 people from all over the world to Ireland.
- Rachel has furthermore been a board member of County Carlow Chamber where she served as President for a two year period.
“She is a woman who has achieved hugely both in her business and family life and has managed to hold some of the highest positions in the Garden sector both within Ireland and internationally. Despite all of this, she remains one of the most encouraging and affable individuals I have ever met so it is fair to say she has her feet firmly planted on the ground” Retails Excellence Ireland
SEMINAR RUNNING ORDER
6.00pm - 6.40: Registration, Coffee, Networking,
6.45pm - 8.15pm: Guest Speakers followed by Keynote Speaker
8.15pm - 9.00pm: Light Supper, Networking,
ONLINE BOOKINGS ONLY
COST €20.00 - (Includes refreshments, speakers, light supper, networking)
County Meath Women in Business Network is an initiative of Local Enterprise Office in partnership with County Meath Chamber to encourage and support women who are starting business or are already up and running. It aims to encourage, empower and connect women working/living in Co. Meath and its environs through collaboration. www.localenterprise.ie/Meath - www.countymeathchamber.ie