Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team in delivering multiple projects and tenders at any one time, embracing the ethos of “one team” culture.
- Preparation and submission of planning, tender, design, construction and as constructed drawings in consultation with Project Manager and designers.
- Drafting of piping systems, sheet metal, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil, P&ID’s, mass balance and process flow drawings.
- Visit sites to assess site, take dimensions and create detailed and accurate drawings for manufacture.
- Engage with supplier and sub-contract chain to import, validate and assess 3rd party supply packages and incorporate these into the overall design. Provide recommendations on equipment and package design as part of the design and drafting process.
- Ensure principles of prevention are adopted in the design of the works through careful planning and operability studies.
- Ensure Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to in the office and on-site.
- Monitor progress of your workflow to ensure delivery in line with works programme, adjust workflow and rate as necessary to achieve or better completion date.
- Attendance at project production meetings and working in a team environment to input project metrics and extract workflows.
- Preparation and submission of project handover files including As Constructed Drawings.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the engineering sector assisting in the preparation of drawings for outline and detailed designs.
- Minimum of a Level 6 Higher Certificate/Diploma in a relevant Mechanical/Civil Engineering qualification.
- Experienced in the lifecycle delivery of mechanical engineering projects from concept design through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team in project delivery and provide input at team meetings.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary construction teams in a pressurised environment during project delivery.
- Ability to engage with suppliers and sub-contractors at design stage to provide design collaboration.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during project delivery.
- Good working knowledge of engineering draughting software including AutoCAD and Inventor is essential.
- Strong communications skills with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation is essential.
- Working knowledge of REVIT and Navisworks desirable.
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) including model intelligence, embedded information and COBie extraction desirable but not essential.
Active member in professional groups such as the CITA BIM Group desirable.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
Benefits: On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Experience: CAD: 2 years (Preferred)
Education: Advanced/Higher Certificate (Preferred)