Our Navan Properties, The Ardboyne Hotel & The Newgrange Hotels are currently seeking to recruit enthusiastic and knowledgeable Night Porter to join their professional and highly skilled Front Office team. If you have the relevant qualifications /experience, would like to develop your career within a busy 3*hotel and have a real passion for the industry we could have an excellent opportunity for you.
The shift hours of work are generally between 11.00 pm until 7am. These hours can vary and depend ultimately on the needs of the business. 4 over 7 Days per week with 1 weekend off a month where possible being mainly based in The Ardboyne and flexibility to move to 5 days if business dictates the need.
The responsibilities of the role are:
- To ensure operations are carried out in line with our hotel standards while providing quality service to our guests in accordance with statutory and health and safety requirements to all colleagues and guests during the evening hours.
- To be responsible for the operations of the evening team while on shift.
- To ensure all guests receive a genuine, warm, friendly, courteous welcome on arrival and during their stay
- To anticipate guests needs whenever possible to enhance quality service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction
- To ensure all guest queries are handled promptly and efficiently and all guest feedback is passed onto to Day team.
- To ensure that the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, dress, appearance, body language and conduct is maintained at all times
- To ensure all accident, incidents and suspicious occurrences are reported to the relevant people and to assist in providing all relevant backup.
- To be familiar with and adhere to all rules and regulations of the hotel with specific regard to: Fire procedures, Health and safety at work, Security regulations
- To assist in positively promoting sales within the department and maximize every sales opportunity.
- To oversee preparedness of the hotel for the next business day.
- To ensure security of cash, stock and equipment and to carry out all agreed departmental/Hotel procedures
- The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Excellent knowledge of the hotel business
- Previous experience working in a hotel for approx. 2 -3 years in reception and or as a night auditor in a similar property and or must have been a Night Auditor in a hotel of a similar size property for at least 1 year
- Excellent timekeeping, communication skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
Successful candidate must have the following:
- Be eligible to work legally in Ireland
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- At least 1-2 years Experience within a Night Manager role or similar within a similar size properties
Night manager: 1 year (Preferred)
Staff rate on accommodation in all 4 properties in Trim & Navan
Access to Leisure Centre and Gym
Staff discounts on Food and Spa Treatments
Staff meals provided
Free Golf and Parking
Part-time hours: 32 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €11.50-€13.00 per hour
Reception or Night Auditor: 1 year (Preferred)
Email CV to email@example.com