Working at Wellman – ‘Ever Evolving Fibre Science’
Across polymers, across technologies and across borders, for over four decades Wellman International has supported the needs of the European and Global Nonwovens Market Place. Originating from a predominantly polyester fibre provider, Wellman International has evolved to an 88KT fibre capacity to become a European leader across multiple polymer and fibre types including PA66, PET, PP and PLA.
Our strengthened expertise and focus on specialist solutions is represented in our four key segment areas of Hygiene & Healthcare, Technical Fibres, Automotive and Home & Apparel.
Why work for Wellman? Because we are leaders in what we do – and we truly value our people.
1. Learning & Development Officer
In this role the L&D Officer will provide essential support to the Head of HR in the areas of L&D Administration, co-ordination and project implementation and any other HR support that may be required from time to time.
- To assist with the co-ordination and implementation of a comprehensive training and development programme across the plant including
- internal safety training to meet the needs of the organisation in cost and effectiveness.
- Assist with onboarding /induction process and integration of employees into the company
- Co-ordination of organisational development initiatives as determined by the Head of HR
- Responsible for the co-ordination of data in advance of ISO Audits and other HR/L&D related audits
- Responsible for the maintenance of accurate records on the company training system and reporting of L&D metrics
- Constant review of best practice in L&D programmes and feedback in relation to these practices to the Head of HR
- Co-ordinate the Apprenticeship system and liaise with relevant external bodies
- Assist the Head of HR in the co-ordination of internships, graduate programmes etc.
- Work closely with the Head of HR on the formulation of annual training & development plan & budgets
- Other duties, projects, tasks and responsibilities as determined by the Head of HR
- The above position is best suited to those with a relevant third level qualification at diploma or Degree level. At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role is desirable. Previous manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate must be a good communicator with good verbal and written communication skills enabling them to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation and with external third parties.
- The person must be able to adapt to changing demands and work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi task within a high pressure environment and the desire to deliver high performance standards and results will be vital for this role.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills are essential to meet with the challenging demands of the role.
- Exceptional IT skills and knowledge of L&D/HR systems an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for a position please forward a comprehensive CV to:
Tanya Clarke, Head of HR,
Address: Wellman International Limited, Mullagh, Kells, Co. Meath.
Telephone: O46 9280361
Wellman International Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/linkedin.comwellmaninternational/about/